TRN (Tax Registration Number) is a 15-digit unique number that has given to every person by FTA (Federal Tax Authority) whoever registers under UAE VAT. Through this 15-digit number, Federal Tax Authority will be able to differentiate you from the others. The entity that has been assigned this tax number (TRN) is known as “Registrant”. The Registrant should always mention this tax number in all the documents related to VAT such as VAT Returns, Tax Invoice, Tax Credit Note, etc.
It is the first time in history that the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has applied the tax to goods and services that is why not everyone is aware of the tax system implies and how it works as a country has not experienced this before. The implementation of VAT was an addition in the United Arab Emirates Law, that has implemented on January 1st, 2018. After this implementation companies require to be registered for charging to their customers.
The registration process of VAT (Value Added Tax) and TRN (Tax Registration Number) are quite similar. As TRN issues by Federal Tax Authority when an entity registers for VAT.
The persons who are eligible for VAT registration may seek the assistance of tax agents for completing this process.
Following are the steps that are required to apply for VAT & TRN :
1. Log in to your E-services & create an account through an online portal of the Federal Tax Authority (FTA).
2. After registration for VAT, the taxable person needs to click on the button and receive all the information regarding VAT in UAE.
3. Fill out all the necessary details in all the eight different sections of the VAT Registration Form. When you fill out the necessary details in the section, it will be marked as complete by a green tick mark and then the portal will allow you to move to the next section. This is how you will fill all eight sections.
4. In the last step, you need to click on “Submit for Approval”. This will send your form details to Federal Tax Authority (FTA) which will scrutinize the form details.
5. Upon approval, you will be registered for VAT and the TRN will be sent you with a certificate.
Documents requirements may vary depending on the nature of the business. However, the most common documents that need to be kept prepared during this registration are :
1. Copy of legal documents such as Trade license of the company, Share certificates, etc.
2. Address of company (including P.O box) and contact details.
3. Contact details of the owner.
4. Memorandum & Articles of Association with bank details and income statements for the past years.
5. Passport copies, Emirates ID of the Business Owners & Partners.
1. Visit FTA Portal.
2. Login into the E-services portal on the Federal Tax Authority website using your login credentials.
3. Click “Getting Help” then select “TRN Verification”
4. Enter the TRN you want to verify and the security code shown on the page.
5. If the TRN is not valid, you will get a message in a red background box “TRN does not exist in the system”
6. If the TRN is valid then you will get a message in a green background box “TRN is available in the system”, with the legal name of the entity
Inspire MS Tax Consultancy has a team of highly qualified Tax Agents who are capable of assisting companies through the overall process of VAT Registration in the United Arab Emirates. You can obtain and verify your TRN with the help of Inspire Tax Consultants, without any hassle.
Apart from this, Inspire MS Tax Consultancy team can help you with a range of services such as
⦁ Business Setup & Tax Advisory
⦁ ICV & ADNOC Vendor Registration
⦁ VAT Registration & VAT Implementation in UAE
⦁ Accounting & Bookkeeping
⦁ Other Financial Services
Inspire Tax Consultancy is a most reputed accounting firm in Abu Dhabi, UAE, with years of experience in supporting thousands of clients from different sectors. Inspire MS Tax Consultancy’s highly-qualified chartered accountants to support the businesses by providing the best services in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Click here for Inspire's contact details.
Developed By avantous